Fire-fighting vehicle (track vehicle)
The Fire Commander is a tracked vehicle. It combines traditional and modern fire extinguishing technologies to fight large scale fires, e. g.:
- on oil-wells, oil- and gas-pipelines
- in chemical and power plants
- in forests
- on airports
The Fire Commander is based on the tank type Leopard 1 with a tracked chassis. Its fire extinguishing equipment represents latest technology. Owing to its multifunctional application the Fire Commander can be classified as a special type of most modern fire extinguishing vehicles, offering the following properties for fire fighting:
- outstanding off-road qualities
- various fire fighting alternatives
- preparation of firebreaks
- rescue and recovery
There are two connections for fire extinguishing hoses (B and C) at the rear of the Fire Commander.
The Fire Commander, powered by an 830 HP engine, is able to transmit great force onto the swept-back dozer blade. With such a force it can excavate ditches of considerable depth and prepare firebreaks to arrest the advance of a fire and also overturn obstacles.
The Fire Commander is able to carry out fire fighting tasks even for a longer period at higher temperatures:
- Owing ot its self-cooling device, a tubing system with special nozzles
- It oxygen is lacking the crew can use a compressed air breathing apparatus providing additional breathing air. A similar system can provide the engine with extra combusion air.
Vous avez des questions? Envoyez nous votre demande ou remplissez le formulaire E-Mail s. v. p.
Certains des termes utilisés dans ces pages peuvent être des marques déposées. Ils ont été employés uniquement à des fins de référence et sont, indépendamment de leur caractérisation, propriété des titulaires respectifs.
Sous réserve de modifications techniques.